Data We Collect
We sometimes collect your name and email address for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, or distributing our weekly newsletter.
We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our featured content, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on The Nanfang that you expect to keep private.
Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer The Nanfang site, and to otherwise provide our services to you.
Data We Store
All featured content, and user comments are stored in our database, even after “deletion,” and may be archived elsewhere. Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Data We Share
If the user elects, the Nanfang may share your information with Third Parties pursuant to advertising and/or promotional offers. Such information will only be shared with the user’s consent and pursuant to the intended use.
Circumstances in Which The Nanfang May Release Information
The Nanfang may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
The Nanfang may also disclose information about its users to law enforcement officers or others, in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of The Nanfang, its users or the general public.
When you navigate The Nanfang, small files called “cookies” may be attached to your web browser. These files identify your web browser and save information so that websites can recognize you. You can set your browser to disable cookies, but some features of the site may not work properly if you do this.
Links to websites not under the control of The Nanfang are provided solely for the convenience of users. The Nanfang is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The Nanfang does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their contents.
Third-Party Social Media
The Nanfang uses social media services as an extension of its Website. Social media accounts are public and are not hosted on The Nanfang’s servers. If you choose to interact with The Nanfang via social media, you should read the terms of service and privacy policies of these third-party service providers and those of any applications you use to access them.
How we protect information
- How we keep information secure:
- We keep your account information on a secured server.
- Inherent Risks:
- Although we seek to provide users with the best available privacy and security, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on The Nanfang will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any security measures on The Nanfang.
THE NANFANG TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By using The Nanfang Limited (“The Nanfang”), and/or having your content published on The Nanfang, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Terms and Conditions, contact us at: [email protected]
- Opinions and other statements expressed by users and bloggers are theirs alone, not opinions of The Nanfang:
Content created by users and bloggers is the sole responsibility of users and bloggers, and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute content through our site, The Nanfang is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to the content. The Nanfang does not undertake or assume any duty to monitor our site for inappropriate or unlawful content. The Nanfang assumes no responsibility or liability which may arise from the content thereof, including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, libel, slander, infringement, invasion of privacy and publicity rights, obscenity, pornography, profanity, fraud, or misrepresentation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, The Nanfang reserves the right to block or remove communications, postings or materials at any time in our sole discretion.
- By Publishing Your Content on The Nanfang, You Grant Us Certain Rights:
- The Nanfang, and all site content, is protected by copyright as a collective work and we have all rights therein;
- By posting or submitting content on or to The Nanfang, You are giving us the right to display or publish such content on our site (either in the form submitted, or in the form of an edited or adapted work), to store such content, and to use and distribute such content for promotional and marketing purposes.
- In Submitting Your Content, You Affirm and Warrant that:
- You own or possess the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use, and authorize us to use in the manner contemplated by us and these Terms and Conditions;
- You have the written consent, release, and permission of each and every identifiable individual person in such submissions to use his/her name or likeness to authorize us to use in the manner contemplated by us and these Terms and Conditions.
- In Submitting Your Content, You Affirm and Warrant that you will not:
- Submit copyrighted material, or material protected by trade secret or any other privacy or proprietary rights;
- Publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party;
- Provide material that is unlawful, libelous, gives rise to civil liability, or is otherwise inappropriate.
The Nanfang makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the website, the information, content, materials or products included in this website. The Nanfang will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website, including, but not limited to, special, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, exemplary, aggravated, economic or consequential damages, howsoever caused.
You agree at all times to indemnify, defend and hold harmless The Nanfang, its agents, suppliers, affiliates and their respective directors and employees against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, damages, demands, liabilities and expenses whatsoever sustained, incurred or paid by The Nanfang directly or indirectly from any violation by You of these Terms and Conditions.
- Governing Law and Attornment:
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong.
For the purpose of all legal proceedings, these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to have been performed in Hong Kong and the courts of Hong Kong shall have jurisdiction to entertain any action arising under these Terms and Conditions. The parties agree to attorn and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Hong Kong.
The Nanfang reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. As a result, The Nanfang requests that you read this section from time to time in order to be informed of possible changes in these Terms and Conditions. Each time these Terms and Conditions are modified, the date of the Terms and Conditions will be updated to reflect that changes were made.
Any provision of these Terms and Conditions that is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall, as to that jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability and shall be severed from the balance of these Terms and Conditions, all without affecting the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions or affecting the validity or enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction.
The Nanfang may terminate these Terms and Conditions for any reason without notice within its sole discretion. Any such termination by The Nanfang shall be in addition to and without prejudice to such rights and remedies as may be available to The Nanfang, including injunction and other equitable remedies.
Any terms of these Terms and Conditions which contemplate survival beyond termination shall survive, except to the extent not permitted by law.
- Entire Agreement:
These Terms And Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written.